Choose Your Pallet Positioner
Looking to optimize your material handling process while addressing ergonomic issues in the workplace? Look no further than Bishamon Industries for top-notch ergonomic equipment designed to enhance safety and efficiency. Our cutting-edge pallet positioners are engineered with ergonomic principles in mind, ensuring a comfortable and safe working environment for your employees. Designed to streamline pallet loading and unloading, our Bishamon pallet positioners offer a range of options tailored to your specific needs. Choose from hydraulic, electric, pneumatic, or manual pallet positioners, each equipped with features to minimize strain and reduce the risk of workplace injuries.
Bishamon Lift Tables allow workers to position work at the most comfortable and convenient height for easy, strain-free access. With a wide range of capacities, lifting heights, platform sizes, and other options, including portability, turntables, and hand pallet truck accessibility, there are literally millions of configurations of ergonomic table lifts available. For enhanced mobility and adaptability across a diverse range of applications, Bishamon’s hydraulic lift tables take center stage. Additionally, our pneumatic options provide versatile solutions for different material handling challenges. These innovative solutions offer the flexibility your operations demand, whether dealing with heavy loads or intricate processes. Bishamon’s hydraulic and pneumatic lift tables deliver the performance and reliability needed to streamline your workflow. At Bishamon, we take pride in our commitment to excellence. Our products, including hydraulic and pneumatic lift tables, are manufactured and assembled in our Ontario, California locations. This ensures that you receive lift tables that not only meet but exceed industry standards, with quality and precision at the forefront. Navigating the array of lift table options can be overwhelming, but the Bishamon expert team is here to guide you every step of the way. If you require stainless steel applications or are exploring hydraulic and pneumatic options, Bishamon has a solution for you. Click or call today to get a personalized quote tailored to your specific needs. Choose reliability, choose efficiency – choose Bishamon for your lift table solutions. Elevate your expectations with Bishamon’s 37 years of manufacturing excellence.
Pallet Positioner FAQs
Pallet positioners help raise, lower, tilt, or rotate pallets and move the pallet contents to an ergonomic height making loading and unloading pallets easier and safer for workers. Pallet positioners create a more productive work environment eliminating the need for lifting, bending, and stretching when loading or unloading pallets.
There are different types of pallet positioners with individual features and advantages. When choosing a specific pallet positioner, consider the lifting capacity you need, your required precision, available power sources, and your budget. You want to be sure it contributes to increased productivity and workplace safety.
- Hydraulic pallet positioners: These positioners use hydraulic systems to raise or lower pallets, providing smooth controlled lifting. They may have tilting or rotating capabilities and are suitable for heavy loads.
- Electric pallet positioners: These use electricity to adjust the pallet positions and height
- Airbag pallet positioners: Airbag positioners use air pressure to raise or lower the pallet. They usually operate by using a foot pump or electric air compressor and require minimal maintenance.
- Pneumatic pallet positioners: Similar to airbag positioners, these use compressed air to adjust pallet height but offer more precise control over the lifting process and a greater capacity.
- Manual pallet positioners: These are manually operated devices that allow the worker to adjust the pallet to a comfortable height.
Pallet positioners usually come in a range of weight capacities and lifting heights for various applications. The weight capacity of pallet positioners can range from about 100 pounds to several thousand pounds. Some pallet positioners come with automatic height adjustment which is convenient.
Pallet positioners are sometimes also called level loaders because some have leveling capabilities allowing them to ensure the platform remains level when the weight distribution changes. This can ensure stability and safety when handling a load.
In warehouses and distribution centers, pallet positioners help make efficient use of space by optimizing storage and movement of pallets. Manufacturers use pallet positioners to load and unload materials onto assembly lines or into storage areas, making products accessible. Retailers and wholesalers rely on positioners to organize and manage inventory. This allows them to maximize storage space, improve efficiency and facilitate the movement of goods. Pallet positioners are frequently used in the food and beverage industry to ensure safe and efficient handling of packaged food, beverages and consumables. In the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, pallet positioners aid in the transportation and storage of medications, medical devices and other products ensuring their safe and proper handling and accessibility.
Ergonomics: Pallet positioners help reduce the need for manual lifting and handling heavy loads and create a safer workplace.
Productivity: Positioners can expedite the loading and unloading process by automating the movement of pallets. This efficiency leads to quicker order fulfillment and reduced turnaround time.
Versatility: Pallet positioners are compatible with a variety of different types and sizes of pallets.
Flexibility: Some positioners allow tilting or rotation which can help to inspect products, optimize storage space or access hard to reach areas.
Cost Savings: By reducing manual labor and the risk of injuries, pallet positioners can lower worker’s compensation costs and help prevent product damage during handling.
Safety: By maintaining proper ergonomics, pallet positioners create a safer worker environment and reduce the risk of accidents and injuries.
When maintained and used properly, pallet positioners are safe to use. With any equipment, it’s important to follow safety guidelines and to receive adequate training before using them.
- Safety interlocks such as presence sensors, gates or emergency stop buttons can prevent operation when certain conditions are not met
- Guarding protects the operators from moving parts and pinch points. Safety panels can prevent accidental contact with hazardous areas.
- Emergency stop functionality verifies that the positioner has an easily accessible stop button in case operators need to stop the operation due to an unsafe condition or emergency.
- Overload protection can prevent the system from exceeding its maximum capacity while minimizing the risk of accidents.
- Locking devices secure the pallet at the desired position eliminating movement during loading or unloading.
- Training and documentation can educate workers about safe handling and maintenance ensuring a safer work environment.
When researching and choosing a pallet positioner, consider these important factors:
Types of pallets: Make sure the positioner meets your specific requirements and the dimensions of the pallets you use.
Operation method: Pallet positioners come in mechanical, hydraulic or electric options so make sure you understand the operation method that suits your application.
Height adjustability: Determine the proper height range for the pallets you need lifted and positioned. Know the maximum and minimum heights you will need for your operations.
Safety features: Look for safety features like guards, lockouts and emergency button stops to prevent accidents and ensure operator safety.
Space: Pallet positioners come in different sizes so choose one that fits within your available space.
Budget: Evaluate your budget so you can make an informed decision when you are choosing a pallet positioner. Think about long-term costs and maintenance.
Consult an expert: Consult with experts or suppliers who specialize in pallet positioners who can offer guidance based on your needs.
Pallet positioners can be customized to meet your needs. Special weight capacities, height settings, dimensions and features can be added.
Consistent maintenance is needed to ensure optimal performance. Cleaning, lubrication, calibration, safety checks and inspections are important to prolong the life of your pallet positioner.
Some positioners may be used outdoors but it depends on the specific type and capabilities. These are built with weather-resistant materials and can withstand various environmental conditions.
The specific integration capabilities of pallet positioners depends on the manufacturer and model of each positioner and the compatibility with the other equipment. Some have built-in compatibility with Warehouse Management Systems (WHS). Some can connect with robotic arms or conveyor systems. A pallet positioner can be used conveniently with hydraulic lift tables, electric lift tables, or
Here are some safety tips to consider while using pallet positioners:
- Familiarize yourself with the equipment. Read the user manual and learn the features, controls and limitations of the positioner.
- Inspect the equipment and thoroughly check for signs of wear or damage. Make sure safety mechanisms are present and functioning correctly.
- Receive proper training on how to operate the pallet positioner including load distribution, weight limits, and safe operating procedures.
- Wear appropriate safety gloves,sturdy footwear and safety glasses for protection.
- Follow load capacity guidelines and don’t exceed the maximum weight capacity for each pallet positioner. Overloading could increase the risk of accidents.
- Set the desired height to raise or lower the platform.
- Secure the load to prevent it from falling or shifting.
- Maintain clear visibility in the surrounding areas of the positioner.
- Load or unload the palette.
- After completing the loading or unloading process, release secured items, lower the platform and safely remove the palette from the positioner.
Safety should be the top priority when using a pallet positioner. They are designed for industrial and commercial use and not intended for personal lifting purposes. Other equipment may be better suited for personal lifting needs.
When well-maintained, pallet positioners can last an estimated 10-15 years. This depends on the quality of the equipment, maintenance, and operating conditions. Routine inspections, lubrication, and prompt repairs will help keep positioners in good working condition.
Bishamon makes innovative, ergonomic pallet positioners and lift tables that are highly engineered for superior performance, worker safety, and increased productivity. We are committed to developing strong and enduring partnerships with our valued customers. We believe the success of our customers is synonymous with our own success. Our goal is to offer you unparalleled performance and surpass your expectations.